Monday, July 31, 2006

What a weekend!

We had a crazy weekend (actually crazy is an understament). Joshua, Savannah and I went over to Henderson on Friday to hang out with an old friend of mine from work. We all went swimming and had a great time. We left there about 9:15pm Friday night and as we drove home on the I-15 we could see this really big fire from the spaghetti bowl. We got worried because it looked as if it could be some where near some of our family. As we got closer to the Craig exit we could tell it was in our neighborhood. As a matter of fact it was excatly 3 blocks in front of our house.

What happend was a huge propane tank exploded at a propane factory or business. It also lit up the other propane trucks and tanks nearby. They evacuated the 2 blocks infront of ours and blocked off all the streets. It normally takes us 3 minutes to get home from I-15 and Craig, but Friday night it took us 20 minutes. Joshua climed up on top of our roof and took some awsome video (I'll try to see if I can put a clip of it on the blogg?).

Everything was fine until Saturday afternoon. There was nothing they could do to put the fire out exept to let the propane burn itself out. However, Saturday the fire got too close to a 35,000 gal. tank and they were worried about that exploding. We saw a huge fire ball the night before, and they said that that tank was smaller than the one they were watching. If it had exploded it would have taken out a 5 mile radius. They weren't 100% sure if it would blow or not, but to be on the safe side they decided to evacute a 1 mile radius; witch included us of course. They weren't telling us how long it'd take to let us back home, so I wasn't taking any chances and packed for 3 days. I was so cautions because once we left the neighborhood they weren't letting us back in and we were suppose to go to court on Monday (today) to finalize our adoption of Savannah. We stayed with Josh and Rachael and because they don't have T.V. or the internet in their new home we didn't get the news until Sunday they we could've went home Saturday night. We were having so much fun that it didn't really matter anyway. As a matter of fact we stayed Sunday night as well becuase the guys were playing a PS2 game and stayed up too late and neither of us wanted to drive home. We had everything we needed for Monday morning that it was okay.

Now as for Monday ;o) That was so great! I'll post pictures tomorrow. Savannah is now official ly Savannah Lorraine Carter. It was so fast, I don't think we were in the court room for more than 10 minutes and that's including the pictures we took with the judge. It was a relief to finally have that over and done with. She is now a mortal member of our family...now all we have to do is make her an eternal member on August 19th

We're glad to be home, and greatful for all the family we have to help us out. It's comforting to know that not only will the Lord be there when things hit the fan; but all of our family as well...

Thanks for everything, everyone....Love Always,
Joshua, Sherry & Savannah Carter ;o)

6 Comments:

Blogger Beverlynne said...

I'm so glad that you all have such close relationships. You can thank your mother for that--family is everything to her. Other than your mother and me, our siblings aren't close. Different time, different place, different circumstances equals different results. I envy you!

9:17 AM

 
Blogger Sarah Rockwood said...

sherry, i am so glad to hear you guys are ok and your house didnt blow up. although it would have been cool to see:) well i will be thinking of you guys on the 19th and i hope you guys will be thinking of me. for it will be the day of my babyshower. i wish you could all be there. i miss you guys being around. well lots of love and congratulations!

1:52 PM

 
Blogger Brad said...

If Rabecca were there her gas could have taken out all the houses in a ten mile radius.

5:40 AM

 
Blogger Beverlynne said...

Brad how rude :)

Sherry, I'm glad this situation didn't interfere with the adoption. Sounds like you had a fun time at Rachel and Joshua's.
Glad everyone is safe.

8:23 AM

 
Blogger Rabecca said...

Your gunna get it Brad!!

Sherry sounds like you had a great weekend!!

8:48 AM

 
Blogger TraceFaceTheGreat said...

HOLY....That sounds like an extremely fun weekend. TOO bad I wasn't there for that weekend. :) I miss you and congratulations! I love Savannah and I'm glad I can call her my niece...well, officially. x0x0

10:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home