Elliot + RSV = BAD
I recently came back from the emergency room where Rabecca, Elliot, and I have been at all day. On Saturday night Elliot was a little stuffed up, but he was playing happily on the floor all day. We decided to stay home from church Sunday to see if he would get better, but he got worse throughout the day. He slept almost all day, and began a fever. Near mid afternoon he began a really croupy cough. We quickly bought a humidifier, but croup gets better with cold outside air, our mistake. We also made the mistake of bundling him up when he has a fever, but alleviated that problem in the evening.
For the rest of the night Elliot's cough sounded like a barking seal, and he was wheezing like an asthmatic. He was straining so hard that his stomach right below his chest, and his throat right above his chest were caving in when he strained to breathe. Rabecca called her pediatrician at 3:00 in the morning and they told us to take him outside, and if it does not significantly make a difference then take him into the pediatricians in the morning.
We pulled up to the pediatricians at 7:00 am , as soon as they opened. They took Elliot's temp. and said, "He is too sick to be here take him to the emergency room." We spent the next 6-7 hours in the emergency room. He received 2 breathing treatments, and one shot of steroids to get his throat to relax. AT 3:00 in the afternoon he was admitted to the hospital for overnight observance. I know he will be fine, but it sure is tough listening to your kid slowly suffocate.

3 Comments:
o man i am so sorry. that sound really sad. robyn has colic and i thought that was hard. you have my sypathy.
12:00 PM
Wow...I'm sorry. I'll keep Elliot in my prayers. I know the lord will be with him every step of the way.
5:31 PM
What a wake up call. I know if I was Rabecca, I'd be crying the whole time he was suffering. I know that because Emilee was extremly colicy one night and she screamed for hours. All I could think of is that it was my fault. I must have eat something that had milk in it and is making her colic worse. I cried so hard while Josh tried to calm her down and gave her a blessing.
Man, It's not fun to see your kid suffer. Very sad. And you want to help but... nothing you do makes it go away.
I hope you guys don't go throu that again. Elliot will be in our prayers. All the little ones are.
2:33 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home