Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Krystian Zimerman

Last night Rabecca and I had the great fortune of witnessing a piano virtuoso. Krystian Zimerman is supposedly one of a handful of pianists in the world who could be considered a virtuoso. He won the Chopin Competition in 1975, and it is only held once every 5 years. He is also an eccentric because he hauls his own piano to every event that he performs at. Not bad considering popular bands probably have several truck loads of equipment to haul around. He is known to be very uninterpretive of the pieces he plays, but I think it might be harder not to put your own interpretation into the music and play it the way the composer wanted it.

At first Rabecca did not want to go because the tickets were $30 each, and her feet are swollen and ugly. I put on a pouty face, and pushed her buttons to get her to go. After the show was over she was so happy that I dragged her along. She really liked the Funeral March....I wonder why? It's so depressing. Anyhow I just wanted to let you know that we really enjoyed ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home