Thursday, March 16, 2006

I'm with Sherry on this one.

I'm on the same boat with Sherry. How does this work exactly? Can someone I don't know, but know you, look at my profile? Can other people, we're not aware about, look up our names and watch us with out us knowing it? If so, how is this secured? I just want family members reading our Great News and looking at pictures of our family. We'd love to share them, but not to everyone. Are we willing to expose photos to strangers? I'm not. I want to listen to our Church Leaders and stay away from Websites like MySpace,. And if this is just like it... I ... I don't know. I'd rather be safe, then to be sorry.

If you have a comments or a consern regarding what I've said, please let me know how you feel. As I had shared how I feel.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Rockwood said...

I hope it is safe I think I remember becca saying you have to be invited to be on our blogg. i hope im not wrong. thats what i was assuming

12:23 PM

 
Blogger Brad said...

The way it is set up right now is that anyone can view our blog and profiles, but they can not find it if they don't know what they are looking for (e.g. you have to let someone know where it is). Otherwise it is like picking one fake name out of a phonebook containing everyone in the US, (and their fake names), and trying to find where they live, or their phone number when it is not listed, as long as you don't advertise it. It's only as secure as our group makes it.

If you are concerned with having something on your profile then take it out, your in charge of your own profile. Like, I saw your email there, you can take it off if you want, there is no reason for it to be there.

As for comments only invited members can post a comment. Rabecca is in control of who posts what and can delete whatever whenever she wants.

Im glad the church leaders in our area have not made a public statement about sharing information on the internet. Perhaps because it is not a problem for our area, and people use their heads before giving a stranger their pearsonal information.

12:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home