Thursday, March 16, 2006

Is television bad?

Curtis and I just got into a debate about television. Except it was an agreeable debate until the end. I think tv is bad if watched alot. So does Curtis. Curtis thinks its influencial and makes people boring and less project oriented. I agree. I think watching just one show i really like is ok. Curtis thinks I don't think tv is bad now and now i think he just wants to control me. is it bad to watch a show we started watching together? is smallville bad? Is it going to ruin my life?

4 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

This discussion should be resolved between you and Curtis. I think it is a personal matter, and a personal descision. For Rabecca and I, we know we both like to watch lots of television so we have agreed not to have it in our house, but that does not stop us from renting movies (i wish it would). My best approach is to watch television in moderation, and shows that are uplifting and stimulating to the mind. In the end I would have to say that you should use your best judegement built from facts and statistics, and not other peoples opinions. Have a good day Sarah!

12:54 PM

 
Blogger Rabecca said...

I personaly feel that some television shows are getting way out of hand! But like brad says, we both like TV so we decided not to have it in our house. But we are also movie buffs and rent movies all the time, sometimes we'll rent a series of a tv show like Gilmore Girls (my fav show) :)

10:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay here is my "never to be humble oinion" TV is only bad if you are not learning anything of value from what you are watching...and if it taking up too much of your time. I try to only watch learning shows...That is not to say that I don't watch some entertainment as well. I try not to watch stuff that kills my brain cells.

One day this week I decided not to watch TV at all, but I had rented an audio book from the library ("Ender's Shadow" great book by the way). I thought that I would be able to get alot more done if I was listining to a book. But alas...no. I still sat on the couch stairing off into space listing to the book. It all depends on what you do with you time ;o)

1:25 PM

 
Blogger Sarah Rockwood said...

Thats funny becca i love that show too. and it happens to be the one show curtis hates the most. its just so entertaining. i think its bad though cause i am addicted:(

11:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home