I'm Engaged!!!
On June 6th through the 9th I went to Utah to visit Matt who just got home from his mission only two days prior to my visit. He had no idea I was coming and went to the airport with his sister (lara) and Mom (Rayleen) thinking he was picking up an uncle. When he saw me coming out of the terminal he just about flipped his lid. He couldn't believe I was there when he was just talking to me just hours before about when he was going to come out to Colorado Springs to see me. Seeing him for the first time in 2 1/2 years felt great. I Still wanted to be
with him but I didn't want to rush anything.
After my trip to Utah Matty and I started planning his trip to visit me in Colorado Springs for my 21st b-day since he missed three of the others while we were together in high school and while he was on his mission. He came out to the Springs on the 8th of July and stayed till the 13th. While he was here I was sick for three days! I was sick on my b-day which sucked but it
I guess I should tell everyone how he proposed. It wasn't anything big with tons of people around. It was just him and me. We were lying on my bed talking. I was trying to make him feel guilty about me moving to Utah. I was telling him about how many great friends I've made and how I love the Stockton’s (the wonderful couple I'm staying with) and the beautiful mountains and hiking out here. I was kidding of course. I wanted to be with Matt. I was planning on moving to Utah to be closer to him to see how things would work out with us and if things went well we'd get married. I wasn't expecting what happened next. He said to me, "Well, maybe your b-day present will change your mind." I told him his b-day gift to me was his flight out here. He told me that he wanted to give me something special. That's when he pulled out the ring. All I did was laugh and smiled big and said, "Are you serious!!!" Obviously he was serious. :) And I obviously said yes.
We are getting married November 28th in the Las Vegas Temple at 11:00 a.m in the morning. We will have a reception around 5 or 6 p.m in Vegas and then a small open house in Kaysville, Utah about a week or so after that. All the planning is exciting but stressful at the same time. We've got a pretty small budget for everything and I can't find a dress I like anywhere. I take that back...I found a dress that is PERFECT in everyway except for one thing. The Price. The damage is $1000! OUCHIE! Oh well, I guess I just gotta find something cheap and close to what I want.
I'm hoping that as much family and friends as possible can come. I'd love to see you all! I know it will be hard for a ton of people to make it since this is the day after thanksgiving. But we thought it would be nice to have a Thanksgiving dinner on the 27th with his family and mine as our rehearsal dinner so that our families can meet.
I'll be moving to Utah Aug. 14th so that Matt and I can plan the wedding together rather than in separate states...and cuz I want to be with him. This distance stuff sucks and it's extremely hard. I'm so excited to go out there but I still love it in the Springs and it's going to be so hard to leave. I love being close to Sarah even though we hardly get the chance to hang out and the Stockton's are wonderful. They've done so much for me. They're like family to me.
Well, that's enough babbling outta me. I love you all so much and I miss you.
XOXO

2 Comments:
I love you Tracey. And thank you so much for choosing Matt! I guess all my pestering paid off in the end, huh?! :)
Let me know if you can't find a dress. If you want, or need, I'll loan you mine. It'll be perfect on you. (but only if your REALLY worried about your budget)
CONGRATULATIONS again. You're going to make a wonderful wife. :)
6:19 PM
Thank you so much Rachael. I love you to!
4:05 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home