Saturday, January 26, 2008

Robbery!!!

My roommate, Melissa called me around 10:00 on Friday in a panic. Our apt was broken into! I couldn't believe it. I was in total shock.
I immediately went straight home. As soon as I walked up to our apt door I got all shaky. Our door panel was shattered and there was shards of wood in our living room. That door locks, but the panel was never very secure.
The police officer was questioning my Melissa when I got there and she was histarical. She was walking around jabbering on calling people and the officer kept trying to calm her down and have her sit.
They stole my $1,800 laptop, jewelry, dads old 35 mil camera, both my money banks, kirstin's laptop and digital camera, her Ihome, Melissa's digital camera but left all these other valuables like the tv, dvd player, cd's, dvd's, stereo and etc. which lead the police officer and us to believe that it was someone that knows us or someone that's been in our apt. before. I have a suspicion that it's the maintenance guys because they are the only people that we do not trust who's been in our apt with us not there. All of our stuff that was taken was stuff that was lying around but they still went through our apt and took clothes out of drawers, messed up the beds, and rummaged through things. Kirstin's wallet was just sitting on her bed and they didn't take that. Kirstin's and my check books were just lying around and they didn't even take those. Melissa thinks it was her ex-boyfriends brothers but I think it could have been anyone. The police officer dusted for finger prints and found nothing. They were wearing gloves. I say "They" because the officer talked to the lady below us who said she heard at least two people in our apt at around 9:10. This kinda scares me because Melissa got home at 9:45 which means they weren't in the apt. long.
:(

This sucks. I went around looking for different apts to move into today with Sarah but Kirstin and Melissa want to stay in the apt. I have NO desire to stay there. Not after that. Those people know where I live and what they left behind. what if they come back while one of us are home?

This situation really bothers me because my life was on my laptop. My music, my journal, my pictures from forever ago which are not replaceable...everything. :(

I just thought I'd let everyone know what happened because I'm sure you are all hearing just bits and pieces. I love you guys and thank my heavenly father that none of us were home when they got there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beverlynne said...

Glad to hear YOU are alright! The other stuff is just that--stuff. Still it's a frightening thing to have happen. Love you,
Beverlynne

10:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...Tracey....I know you were just here and told us in person what happend, but the way you sound here it's sounds way more scary than the way you played it off here....I'm so greatful that you were kept safe, and Aunt Beverly is right..it was just stuff. Even the irreplacable stuff and be replaced. At least you have your mememories right?

I agree. I would move too. I personally know robbers and ex-robbers and even tho Josh says they rarely hit a place more than once...it's know to happen....Keep safe and we'll pray for you .... I love you tons...

9:21 PM

 
Blogger Drummdown said...

Tracey, now I know what you mean when you say, "Satan is really making it hard for you to get ready for a mission."

I'm greatful that we still have you in our lives and I pray that everything will work out.

I love you.
God Bless.

6:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home